Our school district is providing your student a user name and password to access online materials available at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s ThinkCentral Web site. ThinkCentral is an all-in-one learning site that provides access to digital books, activities, readers, and more.
The login information for your child, is:
User name: their "lunch" number
Password: 2 digit month, 4 digit year (no spaces)
*If your child cannot log in, please contact his or her math teacher.
Follow these simple steps to access online materials and assignments:
2. Select your state, district (select Hillsborough Co. Pub. Sch Dist), and school.
3. To make it easier to log in later, check Remember My Organization (optional).
4. Enter your user name and password.
5. Click Login.
Once logged in, the student welcome page will appear. Things To Do and My Test Scores will only be used if your child's teacher has instructed them to use it. My Library gives you and your child access to the online version of the text, as well as any other support materials available. Here are some descriptions of the support materials:
- Mega Math: learning games
- I-tools: Interactive manipulatives similar to the manipulatives used in the classroom
- e-glossary: vocabulary words and definitions
- Online Florida Intervention: This is a great place to go to re-learn math lessons taught by your child's teacher. You'll need to look at the name of the lesson and then find it in the list of skills.
- Strategic Intervention: Another place to re-learn math ideas.
- Benchmark Practice: This is an online version of their "Practice Book". Frequently given as assignments for each lesson
- Math on Location and Real World Videos: Children often wonder, "When will I ever use this?" Check out these videos to see how math is used in the real world.
- Student Edition: This is your child's textbook. Each lesson has 4 pages, the first two pages are typically guided concept learning, followed by independent practice and problem solving. If you move mouse over icons at the top of the window, you'll see links to different supportive online resources. (Most link directly to the targeted skill or concept taught in that lesson). Also, one of these icons called, "Destination Math" (formerly known as Riverdeep), is a great place to go for online tutorials and extra practice.
- Math Concept Readers: Books that have math learning corresponding to our units of instruction.